Tomorrow Never Dies ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Friday, November 23, 2007

Tomorrow Never Dies

Bond takes on a media mogul who seems quite a bit lamer than you'd expect. It's like the villain's constantly on the verge of having a fit from being upset that he's not taken seriously. This is most evident after Bond botches one of the villain's plans in front of the world. The guy complains that failures like that shouldn't happen -- "Not to me!"

I think it was really a trick of direction, since first we're shown the villain's face, and he coolly, calmly says, "Not to me." Then we see him from behind, where he turns his head to his female assistant and shouts, "Not to me!" It's like he was bullied as a youngster, and never got over the need to rise above his perceived inadequacies.

I enjoyed the play between Bond and the agent from the East as they tried to thwart the war-hungry plans of Captain Television. This was a good film.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: