Robin Hood: Men In Tights ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Robin Hood: Men In Tights

I saw this movie before I saw "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves." I thought it was funny then. Recently I watched the "Prince" version. A few days ago, "Tights" was on, and I hadn't seen it in a while. There's so much more to a parody film when you are familiar with the work it is lampooning. It was great fun watching "Tights" with a new frame of reference.

Most of the jokes, though, didn't necessarily center just on the other "Robin Hood." But they were all great. This was the film that introduced me to Dave Chappelle. I didn't realize it had been him until a few years ago when "Chappelle Show" was being aired on Comedy Central. When I recognized him, I realized I hadn't seen him in anything in between "Tights" and "Chappelle Show." I wonder why? He's a pretty funny guy.

Like the story of Robin Hood, I think "Men In Tights" will remain timeless. Not too many jokes are limited to within one era, and the film is really well-made. Good job!

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: