Flash Gordon ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Flash Gordon

When I first saw this movie, I had no major knowledge of the exploits of the character, "Flash Gordon." I had heard that the film was great, but had never gotten around to watching it. When I finally did, I found that although some of the acting didn't seem as realistic as it could have, the music, scenery and plot made up for it. That's pretty much how I would feel about the TV show, if the set and props didn't look slightly more lame than I'd like.

The movie was cool. I liked the idea of a heroic human being confronted with vastly superior technology and foreign societies of malevolent intent, and yet still maintaining confidence and triumph in the face of adversity. The fact that I never expected him to stand a chance made it all the more impressive when he made sport of his captors. And his romantic exploits were entertaining as well.

I think the "Queen" song really added to the film, and seems to provide a great amount of support to the show. It's like an anthem to a living god, and that's a concept that is highly appealing. In a world of confusion, the idea of someone out there who is thoroughly dependable, pure-hearted, and will always save the day is quite a comfort.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: