The Princess Bride ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Princess Bride

This movie has got to be a favorite of girls everywhere, and even so, it's not unappealing to guys. There's humor, action, adventure, and some ingeniously-crafted characters.

This movie was based on the 1973 novel by William Goldman. He presented his work as an abridgment of an earlier fairytale by "S. Morgenstern", but Morgenstern and the earlier edition are both fictitious. I thought that was pretty funny.

I've never read the novel, but if it's anything like the movie, it must be brilliant. Most movies that are adapted from novels tend to lose something, so if anything, I'll bet the book is even cleverer than the film.

There are so many details in the movie, and I think the more detailed a film is, the better. Plus it's positive, uplifting, and inspiring. I love films that give viewers hope. "The Princess Bride" is simply great.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: