The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

This is one of my favorite movies. I enjoy the music and sci-fi details, and the cast is terrific. I also like the idea of a hero adept in everything. And it's like he was created from nowhere, and they just picked up in the middle of a story that had never been told before. Awesome!

At first I wasn't too keen on the film, because I didn't like the gross vibe I got from the villains. But when you pay more attention, there are fine details that add humor and make them tolerable, and even likable.

I really wanted to see a sequel made, and I heard they did write the script, but they turned it into "Big Trouble in Little China." That was cool too.

I also heard there are similarities between "Banzai" and "Back to the Future." Christopher Lloyd has a role in both, and John Lithgow, the villain in "Banzai," was considered for the part of Doc! There's also the whole duality with the cars, both requiring a specific technological component in order to breach the laws of physics.

I find "Banzai" fun and inspiring. If only there were more heroes in the world like Buckaroo Banzai!

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: