Stargate (with Kurt Russell) ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Stargate (with Kurt Russell)

I used to watch the "Stargate" show, and I had just recently been thinking about a behind-the-scenes moment I had watched where Kurt Russell stopped by the set of the show and exchanged remarks with Richard Dean Anderson. Both played the same character (Col. Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neil) via two different mediums.

To my surprise, the film was on today, and I was able to watch a good portion. Man, it really brings to you the awe and wonder of making contact with another planet, another people, and powerful, ancient technology.

I was amused by how easily Dr. Daniel Jackson powered through the tasks to decode and decipher all the information the government had gathered so far. They kept having to ramp up his clearance. It's like he was playing through a video game he had just beaten for the eleventh time, and the game had forgotten how good he was. "What? Ok, you graduate to Level 2. What? You're that good? Ok, you get new armor. What??! Ok, secret mission!"

I also enjoyed how the film has a slightly different take on things, and how it tells the same story the show does, but in a more cinematic way (of course!).

It's almost like the show came out, and then the movie, which was done very well on one highly focused area. The show has covered so much, so it was neat to see how things all began.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: