Last Action Hero ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Last Action Hero

So of course, I've got to mention "Last Action Hero," as this blog is named after a prop that seemed to become a character in the film.

Recently on an episode of "Married With Children," which I don't seek out to watch but occasionally pay attention when I notice it's on, there was a random character who mentioned LAH. He said something to the effect of, "So please, don't give up on 'Last Action Hero' yet. It still hasn't been released in Albania, or Zimbabwe!"

I remember hearing that same idea when it came out, that it wasn't doing so well. I myself didn't really like it, because I thought it diminished the weight and reputation of Arnold Schwarzenegger and all his action roles. But since then, I believe the film's become a cult classic.

Another reason I didn't like it was how some of the humor was dark. I just took it at face value, saw the dark, but not the humor. I thought New York was just like it was depicted in the film, a place where you could get killed by shoe-hungry teens, and nobody would care. Thankfully that's not the case. And nowadays, I can tolerate (and sometimes enjoy) snippets of black humor. So the film has grown on me, just as I imagine it has on many others.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: