Epic Movie ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Epic Movie

I must say I was disappointed by this film. It's not that it was bad, it's just I expected a lot more. I thought it would adhere to the high quality of movies like Scary Movie 3 and 4. Sure, those two had some lowbrow humor, but there was a lot of stuff that was pretty witty.

Most of "Epic Movie" was lowbrow. Though there were a lot of parodies, some just didn't fit. It's like they thought cramming as many movie references into a film was a guarantee for success.

I also didn't like how the girl with the memory from "Heroes," the waitress Hiro loved, played a nitwit. I'm sure she must have been referencing something I hadn't picked up in "The Da Vinci Code," like maybe how the female lead repeated things (I never noticed that she did), but it just made her (and the film, by proxy) seem lame.

There were also some parts that seemed designed to be funny in a gross way, but just came off as purely disgusting.

However, if you liked "Date Movie," you might enjoy "Epic Movie."

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: