South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, October 8, 2007

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut



I enjoy "South Park," the show, and so when the movie was on Comedy Central's "Secret Stash" the other night, I tuned in. I realized I had never seen the "South Park" movie before. I'd caught clips here and there, and I remember hearing people quote parts of it and sing some of the songs. I couldn't believe I never saw it before. I've already seen "Team America," so it was neat to see an earlier cinematic work by Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

I enjoyed the way they intertwined the potential impact of their film into the movie itself. The main four kids, along with every other kid in the neighborhood, went to see a new movie by their Canadian TV heroes, “Terrence and Philip.” The movie is filled with profanities, causing the kids to swear and get in so much trouble that war is declared on Terrence and Philip’s home country of Canada.

The Terrence and Philip movie represented “South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.” Both movies were full of profanity. The kids in South Park represented kids in real life, learning from a movie (Terrence and Philip and South Park, respectively) to swear. Trey and Matt foresaw parents complaining about the newly-acquired curse words in the vocabularies of their children, and worked it into the film. It was hilarious. But since it’s been around for 8 years now, you probably already knew that!

I also really enjoyed the songs, and the graphics. They went a lot further with aspects like that than they usually do (or did) in the show, and it was neat to see those other avenues explored. I thought the song, "Little Boy You're Going To Hell," was very funny, because children are considered by most people (unless they're a "bad seed") to be innocent until adulthood. So condemning a child is ridiculous, and therefore hilarious. Plus, Kenny made it to Heaven in the end, so everything turned out OK.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: