Death Wish II (1982) ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, April 7, 2008

Death Wish II (1982)

I had watched all 5 a couple of months ago, but last night I saw the end of the first one and all of the second. I noticed a few things...

I think in the first one, after his wife and daughter were messed with, Paul Kersey just went around killing every thug he saw. He'd lure them out and exterminate them.

But in the second one, he was highly focused on killing only the guys who did him wrong (by killing his housekeeper and daughter).

Now that I think about it, it's almost like Death Wish II was an alternate version of the first. "What would it have been like had he just gone after the main bad guys...?"

I don't remember if he got the exact ones who wronged his family in the first film. If he didn't, it makes sense to have a sequel in which he's all about direct revenge.

Laurence Fishburne (a.k.a. Laurence Fishburne III) was one of the thugs, and stuck out from the rest. Morpheus!

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: