The Mechanic (1972) ~ Houdini's Magic Movie Ticket
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Mechanic (1972)

I watched most of this a while ago. I was looking for a film similar to one of the "Death Wish" series, and since "The Mechanic" had Charles Bronson in it and a somewhat similar plot, I thought, "Why not?"

It was very interesting. Like a door through time. Some of the dialogue was a tad confusing, because we don't use some of those expressions or slang terms anymore. But for the most part it was clear and easy to understand.

I thought it was neat how they took their time describing the idea of a paid assassin (or "mechanic"). It was like the issue was so sinister and unheard of that someone not in the know had to persist for weeks just to get an inkling.

When the action finally started up, it was pretty neat. I thought the ending was incredible. So all in all, it wasn't quite like a "Death Wish" movie, and was a bit more relaxed, but was definitely enjoyable.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: